Uconnect and You!
Uconnect and You!
When you purchase your Chrysler, Jeep, RAM, at Richmond Hill Chrysler you instantly have access to the Uconnect system.
Unlike other in-vehicle systems, Uconnect is actually five innovative systems in one. With Uconnect, you have access to hands-free management of all your technology including entertainment, navigation, voice commands, controls, and phone systems. Using Bluetooth technology, Uconnect gives you full control of your vehicle's connectivity and data systems without compromising driver control.
Uconnect makes it easy to stay safely connected with the outside world while driving your Chrysler, Jeep or RAM vehicle. Using advanced voice recognition, Uconnect allows you to dial your Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile mobile phone using simple voice commands. Just speak the name listed in the address book or recite a phone number and you will be connected. The system recognizes English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish and comes with an available user programmable feature that enables users to dial 24-hour roadside assistance, emergency services, and up to 1,000 phone book entries from your supported phones!
- SirusXM Satellite Radio with over 150 channels, including commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk, comedy, entertainment, and a collection of Spanish-language programming.
- Premium sounds systems from Beats Audio, Alpine, harman-kardon, Infinity, and Boston Acoustics available.
- USB Port, CD/DVD player, AUX port, and Bluetooth streaming.
- An available Rear-Seat Entertainment system with single and dual screen options and wireless headphones, that allows your passengers access to their own movies, video games, and music
- Available Uconnect Access, which allows remote activities like controlling door locks and finding your vehicle with a handy mobile phone app. It can also keep you up to date with the health of your vehicle with the Monthly Vehicle Health Report and a Vehicle Health Alert.
The Uconnect system utilizes the latest technology from the leaders in navigation to get you to your destination. It has the ability to let you know where you are, where you are going, and the estimated travel time with detailed audio instructions and turn-by-turn guidance.
The sensor assisted GPS and Lane Assist Technology allow you to navigate even the worst traffic and confusing directions safely and quickly. Most models feature a touch screen and a voice recognition system that recognizes more than 100,000 words and works while you are in motion. Other impressive features include highly detailed 3D maps of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico and access to local points of interest like restaurants, police stations, hospitals, airports, museums, and shopping options.
Voice Command and Controls
Thanks to an advanced voice command system, with Uconnect you can do a variety of tasks all hands-free including:
- Adjusting your seat or cabin temperature
- Select a new HD Radio, SirusXM Satellite music, talk, or news station
- Making calling without taking your eyes off the road
All of these tasks are also available by using the easy-to-use and find touchscreen displays and steering wheel audio controls.
No matter which Uconnect system you choose for your Chrysler, Jeep or RAM from Richmond Hill Chrysler, you will get one of the most advanced hands-free communication and entertainment systems available today. It is important to note that no hands -free communication system can eliminate driver distraction, so to stay safe, please keep focused on the road while driving
- Uses Bluetooth technology to provide voice-controlled wireless communication between the occupants' compatible mobile phones and the vehicle's on-board receiver.
- The hands-free system automatically downloads up to 1,000 phone book entries from supported phones. The system also recognizes three languages.
- Voice commands can manage on-board phone book entries, select radio stations and access voice mail. Voice memos can be recorded using the microphone that's integrated within the rear-view mirror
- Three memos of up to thirty seconds each can be stored in the system. The hands-free option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility
Part of Uconnect phone on select vehicles is an iPod® interface, which allows an iPod to be plugged into the vehicle's sound system to play music through the vehicle's speakers, charge/recharge the iPod when the ignition is on, display artists and music choices on the radio and pause play when Uconnect phone receives a phone call. The iPod can be controlled through the radio controls and the remote steering wheel switches (if equipped). The system uses a Universal Consumer Interface (UCI) connector located either in the glovebox or in the centre console, depending on vehicle model.
Uconnect tunes includes the following features for music, movie and personalized picture display:
- *A 30-gigabyte hard drive for ripping up to 6,700 songs from CD or USB memory devices in compressed format (either MP3, AAC or WMA file formats)
- Photos can be loaded onto the hard drive, allowing the customer to personalize the home screen
- Movies can be displayed on the screen for entertaining passengers when the vehicle is in Park
*A maximum of 6700 songs available on radios not equipped with NAV. On radios equipped with NAV up to 4,250 songs can be stored
Uconnect GPS combines the features of Uconnect phone and Uconnect tunes with navigation. The system includes an integrated voice recognition system and touch screen on most models, for easy operation. The voice recognition system also recognizes more than 100,000 words and can input addresses, which allows the customer to enter destinations while the vehicle is in motion.
First available on the 2011 Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Uconnect radio featured optional GPS Navigation from Garmin, the name recognized by drivers everywhere as the dependable, must have navigation tool. The new radio features Garmin's intuitive user interface and brings the Garmin consumer experience to a factory in-dash radio.